Senior UX Designer - Logs
At New Relic, we love making tools to help people visualize, explore, and analyze data to answer meaningful questions about the health of their software.
We’re looking for a strong designer with a passion for wrangling complexity and working through every design detail to deliver an exceptional user experience. We need your design chops in our quickly scaling Logging group. The Logs teams are responsible for designing and building tools that help people use log data to troubleshoot. They work closely with other teams across the New Relic portfolio to consider how log data might be used to expedite the time it takes our users to detect, understand, and resolve performance problems.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers and others to understand, design, measure, and optimize our user journeys. You believe the how and why are as crucial as the final deliverable, and you’re comfortable explaining your rationale to colleagues inside and outside of design.
What You’ll Do
- Play a lead role in uncovering user needs and crafting new experiences
- Work thoughtfully from ambiguity to action using a solid user-centered design process
- Design experiences and build models for New Relic users and communicate them through workflow diagrams and wireframes
- Deliver low and high fidelity mockups and prototypes that clearly communicate your design direction
- Ensure your designs are based on a thorough understanding of user needs, product requirements, and business objectives
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to Influence strategic decisions across teams
- Collaborate daily with engineers, designers, researchers, writers, and product managers
- Raise the bar for design quality at New Relic by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
- Plan, facilitate, and share results from design research
- Be kind
- 4+ years experience in UX or interaction design and user-centered research methods
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools; Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Online portfolio of outstanding work showcasing your problem-solving skills and process in the digital space
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.