Senior Developer (Pre Sales Org)
At New Relic, we're building world-class interactive experiences to help our customers answer their most meaningful questions, ultimately helping them visualize and explore their application and customer data. If you are looking to take your development skills and get closer to the end customer - this is the role for you.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer (Pre Sales Org) that loves to innovate and create. You will be part of our Technical Solution Sales (Presales) team with a focus on developing software components on top of the New Relic Platform in the field.
This is a technical role, applying your development experience directly to the customer’s environment, prototyping and developing product extensions and integrations specifically to solve customer problems. Examples of such components are data import modules gathering information from customer APIs or custom visualisation components using ReactJS for data already within the platform.
This role needs a premier full-stack developer with an ambitious spirit, consultative mindset and desire to get out in front of the customer - making software. If you’re that person, looking to join a team of peers who will encourage you to do your best work week-in and week-out, this opportunity is for you.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Partnering with the Pre-Sales Solution Consultants/Engineers in customer engagements during a proof of value (POV) and ongoing enterprise account management
- Be the technical guide in extending the New Relic Platform
- Bring core development skills into the GTM/Field team, focused on specific customer engagements and customer growth
- Prototyping/Developing integrations/extensions for both customers needs and custom demonstrations
- Solve customer problems in a way that generates new/extends existing code and thereby widening the applicability of the New Relic One platform
- Design and prototype new visualizations and workflows
- Design and prototype new integrations/adapters from which the New Relic One Platform can absorb data (ranging from customer applications, COTS systems, Cloud/SaaS components)
- Design/Prototype/Deliver configurations and templated to aid deployment of New Relic via a customers deployment pipeline
- Collaborating closely with members of the NR Labs and FIT team to leverage and contribute to the re-usable component library required in the field
- Develop prototypes and production-ready code using HTML, CSS, ReactJS, and New Relic APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Develop prototypes and production-ready code using Java, NodeJS, PHP, Ruby and/or Python as part of the New Relic On-Host Integrations capability
- Promote custom/prototype work to supported systems by transitioning the ownership to the Expert Services team as part of the customer success programme
- The role will also require 30-40% travel across the EMEA region visiting customers
- Experience in modern, full-stack engineering, working within small teams that were responsible for prototyping, delivering and supporting production code
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Design, related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise with front-end frameworks (ReactJS, Vue.js, etc.) and working experience with ReactJS
- Development proficiency in at least 2 of the following Programming languages: (Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, node.js, Objective-C, Go)
- Experience with cloud platforms and tools (AWS, etc.)
- Inventors and/or out of the box thinkers
- Comfortable working within a small team to deliver high-quality work
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Online work showcasing your problem-solving skills in the digital space
- Experience integrating research, design, technical development and business strategy
- Experience consulting with customers with the ability to sell your ideas
- An understanding of modern monitoring solutions (ideally, using New Relic or a competitive platform) and how they are used to support real-time decision making
- A passion for the craft of creating software
- Fluent European languages an advantage (French, German)
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.