Technical Writing Intern (Summer 2020)
Does the idea of bringing life and personality to our products through your amazing writing skills excite you?
When you think about helping our users achieve their goals and love our products, even more, encourages you to dig in and work with our teams?
As an Intern in New Relic’s Portland office, you will join our Technical Writing team for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately May/June 2020.
Excellent writing is important to an outstanding experience. So if you are passionate about high-quality customer experiences, a desire to contribute to technology the world will rely on, and an uncanny ability to make complex tasks crystal clear, we want to hear from you. Help us help our customers to move efficiently with the speed they need.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll improve the writing, and learn to write to our team style guide. You’ll also go deeper, and ensure the content addresses customer needs.
- Create a big win for our users by researching and writing a larger project covering multiple docs.
- You’ll partner with cross-functional teams to learn about our users. You’ll also work with Technical Writers to get feedback and build your knowledge.
- You’ll apply agile project management to technical documentation.
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s program from an accredited university
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship
- You have an excellent grasp of tech writing concepts, and you’re ready to apply those concepts
- You’re open to feedback, and you want to join a style debate about the passive voice.
- You take pride in your work and hold everything you do to high standards.
- You have a passion for software.
- Be prepared to share samples: GitHub, blog, Twitter, etc.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship. Note that we do not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future work authorization.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet. During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.