Senior Design Operations Manager (Open to remote)
Are you someone who loves to enable others, incite positive change, optimise processes, and establish structured plans and practices at scale? We’re looking for someone who has deep UX and project management knowledge and experience to help drive the next level of UX maturity at New Relic. The ideal candidate is passionate about UX quality and operational excellence has leadership experience and an understanding of how UX connects to the larger business strategy.
This key role will be instrumental in enabling our bold UX vision at New Relic. You’ll report to our VP of Experience Design and support a large global team of designers, researchers, and writers who are dedicated to making New Relic One the most delightful cloud-based observability platform!
What You’ll Do
- Inspire a healthy inclusive team culture that is globally oriented.
- Provide mentorship to team members, encouraging improved quality of processes and outcomes with a user-focused and metrics-led approach. Endorse standards in research, writing, and our design system.
- Champion the Experience Design vision and focus the team to deliver on strategic themes.
- Communicate broadly on behalf of the team, enable collaboration, evangelize UX, forge alliances and build strong relationships across departments.
- Work closely with the experience design leadership team to define, document, and operationalize processes, maintain roadmaps and report statuses broadly.
- Establish a positive track record of planning projects and coordinating teams to successfully deliver large initiatives.
- Establish company-wide programs, plan team events and activities, speaking and writing engagements.
- Set up learning and development opportunities for the team, support experience design team onboarding and recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate closely with program managers and other leaders across New Relic to ensure connectedness of the Experience Design organization and the rest of the company, its strategy, objectives, initiatives, and activities.
- Apply knowledge of the design process and trending best practices to grow and develop the team, evolve our UX playbook, career framework, planning guidelines, and documentation.
- Support team tools procurement and licensing.
- 5-10 years of experience in product design, user experience, or design strategy.
- Experience guiding the design process through the product delivery lifecycle, with knowledge of associated roles, responsibilities, and work processes.
- Experience crafting and communicating processes for smooth and efficient design workflows.
- Know-how of change management practices—approaches to prepare, support, and help individuals, teams, and organizations in making organizational change
- An appreciation for product design, research, and writing craft practice and process, and excitement to defend team needs across an organization.
- Experience working in a data-rich enterprise SaaS or product-led growth company.
- Project management certification
- Direct people management experience
- An advanced degree in design, HCI, or related field
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.