Manager, Software Engineering
Software Engineering Manager
Are you an experienced manager with a passion for people management, growing strong teams, and shipping software that delights customers?
We’re searching for a Software Engineering Manager who will help this team reach new heights. The Account Experience team is a full stack software engineering team. The team owns customer facing user interfaces for product subscription usage. The team also owns a high throughput streaming pipeline for tracking customer usage of our products based on Apache Kafka and Apache Flink.
We believe that managers are leader-coaches. The most successful managers here act with drive and urgency, yet always take the time to listen and to do the right thing. They constantly seek new ways to explain, coach, teach, delegate, and bring out the best in others.
What You’ll Do
In this role you will be responsible for people, projects, and process. You’ll work with your team to:
- Collaborate with product management, design, architects, and engineers to shape the solutions we bring to market
- Plan and execute software development projects within and across teams
- Foster the career development of your engineers
- Troubleshoot and adapt team processes to help balance responsibilities and deliver the best results possible
You’ll also work with your other team – peer managers and leadership – to improve the craft of management and shape the way New Relic builds and delivers software. To learn more about our management style, check out this series of blog posts: https://blog.newrelic.com/tag/engineering-management/
Please be sure to include a current CV (or Resume) and a Cover letter with your application
- A track record of delivering high-quality software in regular, iterative releases
- Prior experience managing high-performing software engineering teams
- Experience with high-throughput streaming services such as Apache Kafka or Apache Flink.
- Experience working with highly collaborative teams who spend most of their time pairing and mobbing.
- You are interested in dev-ops and not only like to build services, you are also invested in their operation by monitoring their performance, thinking about capacity planning and quickly addressing incidents when they arise.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech mecca of Portland, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.