Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure
Hey, are you a Product Manager with a strong technical background? Or, a Site Reliability Engineer, Architect, or Software Engineer who enjoys thinking about strategy almost as much as you like coding?
Are you ready to be part of a fast-paced, growing software company, and one that’s disrupting the data & monitoring industry? If so, read on!
We are the only multi-platform, SaaS-native application and IT operations performance management company. We grow with providing solutions and tools that help engineering and operations teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their web, mobile, and browser applications across application, SaaS and infrastructure tiers. And, we are having a ton of fun doing outstanding work.
We are looking for an awesome PM who understands the difference between PUT and POST, interpreted and compiled, threads versus events, hypervisor and virtual machine, Dev and Ops but who also enjoy business strategy, constraints, and planning.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business.
What You’ll Do
- Join the Barcelona team to build New Relic’s Infrastructure Integrations with other software services: Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Elastic, etc. informed by customer and market insights, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives/assets.
- In collaboration with Engineering, investigate detailed plans for each integration, lead priorities and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key results, market requires, and changes in execution resources.
- Build the plan from requirements definition to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, UX, QA, Ops, Support, and Sales/Marketing counterparts.
- Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions.
- Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions and work with market research (or build your own process) to gather key customer insights to inform optimization or new product development.
- Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to provide the market context and key drivers that develop the revenue forecast. Actively engage and tackle business limiters within your control and passionately pursue accelerants.
- Meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working with the UX and Engineering teams to better drive the best business outcome.
- Actively support Go to Market and ongoing marketing activities in partnership with the Product Marketing team.
- Full business proficiency English level
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Deep understanding of the modern infrastructure technology stack: Service Meshes, Databases, Load Balancers, cloud services, Prometheus, StatsD, etc.
- Two years of software product management - or software operations or development with product planning responsibilities - experience
- Experience working on or running enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, perseverance and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Background in SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and cloud-based ecosystem (AWS, Azure, Google) is a plus
- Nice to have: good understanding of the modern monitoring space: fluentD,
Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.