VP, Engineering - Infrastructure Monitoring Product
This role is based in our European Development Centre, based in Barcelona (Spain) and implies an average of ~4 trips per year to our US Development Centre based in Portland (Oregon). Potentially more the first year for on-boarding purposes.
Join us on our company’s mission to help our customers create more flawless software. As the leader of our growing Infrastructure Monitoring product group, you will be part of our leadership team and responsible for our software development, deployment and support of the set of capabilities and infrastructure.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? New Relic offers:
- Large organizational scale with engaged and productive engineering teams
- Sizeable technical scale: several billion events ingested per minute
- Employee resource groups to support a diverse workforce
- 17,000+ paying (and passionate) customers
- A startup culture where we work together to build the right thing fast
- A people first company where work-life balance is a reality
- Work on our most promising product, that supports the most modern technologies
What You’ll Do
- Create and drive the strategy of our Infrastructure Monitoring Engineering teams to work smarter in order to broaden and improve the supported technologies.
- Lead and drive our practices and culture that enables every engineering team to ship fast with confidence
- Collaborate and coordinate with the rest of the Engineering organization to leverage at best all the existing capabilities and set of expertise
- Lead and coach the managers and technical leaders of this group
- Continue to build an inclusive and equitable environment for all engineers to do the best work of their careers
- 10+ years of experience designing, leading and fast growing high performing engineering teams
- Direct experience successfully shipping and supporting complex software at scale
- Proven history of getting things done in a complex and fast-growing environment
- Skilled at finding the right balance between important and urgent, between short and long term
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.