Director, Competitive Intelligence (open to remote)
New Relic is looking for a candidate that will help drive our go to market efforts by understanding the technology, market and product landscape!
You’ll be a key member of a strategic team that will inform our product and go to market strategy. The ideal candidate brings a combination of technical and business prowess, including experience with cloud native technologies and modern software development methodology. You bring a can-do attitude, are able to take care of ambiguity and willing to go deep into details to accurately deliver insights for sales, product and marketing teams.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the observability market to build compelling positioning and content that differentiates our platform
- Train the field on competitive differentiation and messaging on an ongoing basis.
- Drive creation of sales enablement content such as battle cards, playbooks, sales presentations, sales tools or other assets to help sales win
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to help drive competitive positioning strategies and influence product roadmap and messaging
- Participate in industry events and conferences to report the state of the industry and trends to watch for
- Perform win/loss analyses and reporting that informs go-to-market strategies and identifies standard methodologies for sales teams
- Track, analyze, and share timely responses to market announcements and FUD
- 10+ years experience working with and supporting sales efforts for enterprise customers
- Deep knowledge and expertise in SaaS, Cloud and DevOps
- Understanding of Observability technologies and experience with relevant domain areas including: applications, infrastructure, logging, etc.
- Consistent track record of working with customers and partners to influence their decisions with timely problem analysis
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Aptitude for translating technical features to business value
- Engineering, computer science or other technical degree
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Prior field/SE experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.