Programs & Process Director - Marketing PMO
This position sits in our beautiful Portland, OR office. Relocation assistance may be provided.
New Relic’s Marketing PMO is looking for a Programs Director focused on creating global scalable processes that improve our marketing and cross-functional workflows and outcomes. Reporting into the VP of Marketing PMO, this role will operate on two different levels. At the program level you will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders and other Marketing PMO team members to develop, standardize and operationalize cross-functional processes for go-to-market initiatives and programs. At the organizational and portfolio level, you will track and report on the progress of the Marketing and PMO portfolio of work, and work together with marketing operations, sales and finance teams to conduct analyses that inform strategic decisions by the Marketing leadership team.
Successful program management leaders at New Relic are collaborative, strategic thinkers, who get results through influence at the executive and team level, innovative problem solving, and effective change management. They are passionate about empowering people and enabling teams to do their best work, and understand how to apply the right amount of process and governance based on the corporate objectives, business context and capability maturity level.
What You’ll Do
As a Programs Director in the Marketing PMO you will have broad impact on the organization by driving improvements to our integrated marketing, product launch, demand generation and planning processes. You will:
- Be an inspiring leader for developing PMO and cross-functional business processes that improve go-to-market outcomes
- Define, shape and mature integrated marketing operational processes, program structures, standards and templates, to drive efficiency, alignment, and velocity in a rapidly evolving environment
- Drive transformational change in processes across Marketing, Sales and Product teams using change management standard methodologies
- Build and lead a unified view of the global marketing portfolio of initiatives and projects, and the marketing roadmap and calendar
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leadership, and team members to act as a change agent and influence the adoption of new processes
- Partner with the VP, MPMO and Marketing Ops team during the annual marketing planning process to drive alignment, establish strategic priorities, and identify key initiatives
- Develop OKRs measuring progress at program, initiative and organizational levels and partner with other go-to-market teams to monitor and communicate results regularly to the marketing leadership team
- 5-8+ years experience or an equivalent combination of experience/education required in project/program management, marketing or consulting
- 2-3 years experience in process design, process mapping and process improvement work
- 1-2 years experience in transformational change programs
- An entrepreneurial mindset and self starter with proven ability to achieve bold goals despite opposing priorities
- Multiple experiences establishing relationships across an organization with teammates at all levels and influencing senior leadership to prioritize your recommendations
- Well-versed in program management fundamentals — team building, role / responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that provide the necessary context, analysis and recommendations to drive action and accountability from local and remote teams and across all levels of business audiences
- Degree in business, marketing, (BS/BA) or equivalent experience
- Experience in marketing enterprise technology - Software as a Service - with a B2B focus
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation systems (Marketo), CRM (Salesforce) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.