San Francisco, California
Are you a compensation professional looking for your next challenge? Are you passionate about providing first-class consultation to business leaders and People Ops partners? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you energized by the chance to help define programs, processes, and standards that support a fast-growing company and lay the foundation for a scalable future? If you answered yes to the questions above then you might be ideally suited to join our growing and ambitious team as a Compensation Partner in either San Francisco or Portland.
Our team enables New Relic to attract and retain the best talent in the industry by providing extraordinary consultation to client groups for all compensation-related matters -- from job evaluations to offer reviews (and everything in between). We develop, implement, and lead compensation programs; craft meaningful communications that engage and educate employees and management to the impact of our and policies implementation, communication, and administration of: short and long-term incentives, reward and recognition programs, benchmarking and survey analysis, emerging trends, new technologies, and compensation training.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders regarding compensation philosophy, practices, and programs; provide compensation expertise and analysis to management and recruiting. Recommend creative solutions or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related challenges while ensuring fair pay practices.
- Conduct job evaluations and offer analysis to support rapid company growth and highly-ambitious hiring goals
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives.
- Help develop and deliver innovative compensation strategies and programs that are aligned with business strategy
- Provide insight on internal and market trends to drive more informed HR/business decisions
- Contributor to significant cross-functional project teams for key Total Reward initiatives, such as comp structure redesign, career pathing, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), system implementations, process improvements, intranet optimization of program communication
- May lead one or more rewards programs such as spot bonus or pay equity studies or other special projects
- 4+ years of compensation experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, technical culture
- Proven project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Sense of urgency in driving projects to completion
- Deeply detail-oriented and customer service focused
- Advanced Excel/Googlesheet skills (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, creative formulas)
- A Bachelor's degree in business, HR, or a related field
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
- Experience working with Workday HRIS (including Advanced Compensation) and a market-pricing tool such as Payfactors
- Experience using Radford survey market data
- Experience with stock compensation programs
- Experience with Syndio pay equity tool
- Experience with the Google suite of products
Please note, that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.