Application Security Engineer
Security at New Relic strives to be pragmatic yet innovative. (ie: checklists NOT included!) We seek to creatively address software security risks in novel ways by utilizing technology, automation, relationships, and culture. We work in a continuous deployment, cloud-based environment and adapt our security efforts to the processes and technologies New Relic uses to deliver innovative and best-in-class products.
What You’ll Do
- Perform security reviews and produce threat models for applications by working with product engineering and architects.
- Build security tools, monitoring, and infrastructure that enables the security team to scale our monitoring to meet the growing demand of our engineering teams.
- Monitor our bug bounty program, static application security testing, and custom monitoring tools for suspicious activity and run incident response when required.
- Work with software engineers to analyze security vulnerabilities and follow through with issues until resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing or building software security controls.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10, etc.
- Foundation in, and in-depth technical knowledge of software development, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Proficient in detection, exploitation, and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.