Lead Software Engineer - Open Source Integrations (Open to Remote)
At New Relic, we provide our customers real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance, and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
If you love scale and want to work on one of the largest and fastest growing observability platforms in the market, we want to hear from you. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Instrumentation organization in Europe (main office in Barcelona). This organization develops and maintains instrumentation agents and integrations for a wide range of products, including Kubernetes, Cassandra, etc... All the development is open source, usually in Go.
What You’ll Do
- Use your experience to drive the team’s technical roadmap of open source projects led by New Relic and contributions to other community projects.
- Engage with the team members to discuss and implement software improvements and new developments.
- Build, maintain, and scale Go clients/projects and their support tools.
- Strengthen your team's processes
- Collaborate with product management, engineering management, and the broader organization to align priorities.
- Ship incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work.
- Experience participating in and leading technical decision-making within an engineering team (we use "disagree and commit").
- Technical mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues on the team.
- You are not afraid of adapting, learning, and getting your hands dirty with different languages and frameworks.
- You are able to adapt, you learn quickly and you bring creative solutions.
- A collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to improve the product sharing ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Upstream contributions to relevant open source projects (e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, DBs, http servers, etc).
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.