San Francisco, California
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for bringing New Relic’s brand voice to life, both writing and reviewing copy to ensure that all marketing content is communicating the same message in the same voice across multiple channels. Using language that reflects our core brand traits, you'll develop copy for compelling web pages, digital ads, emails, videos, and more, working in close partnership with designers, web strategists, developers, and other marketers. We’re looking for someone with a passion for all things brand, content, and storytelling, with a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into simple, engaging language.
What You'll Do
- You will write persuasive, conversion-focused copy for a range of formats, from digital ads, landing pages and emails, to videos, product pages and more.
- You'll edit copy written by others to ensure all external-facing copy is consistent with our Brand Voice and Tone Guidelines across various channels.
- You'll work cross-functionally with various marketing teams and individuals to develop impactful and cohesive messaging for our website, emails, digital ads, videos, and more.
- You'll create informative and engaging digital content about our platform and technologies for a range of technical audiences.
- You'll create and lead the content of our monthly customer newsletter
- Maintain Voice and Tone Guidelines, making sure that our messages always ooze a genuine emotion and a healthy dose of persuasion.
- You will handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines consistently, and champion projects from concept to completion within a dynamic environment.
- Be familiar with industry-related topics in order to write authentically about technical concepts that will resonate with a DevOps audience
- You use SEO practices to optimize web pages and increase visibility.
- You will liaise with designers to enrich text via visual storytelling.
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, fact sheets, and other internal materials.
- You'll provide guidance on text that appears in branded apparel.
- You have 12+ years of experience in developing copy for emails, web pages, digital ads, emails, videos, and more.
- You have the boldness to push the boundaries and differentiate New Relic as a brand with words that inspire and encourage action
- You have validated work experience as a Senior Copywriter with a solid portfolio
- The ability to write about technically complex subjects in a human and authentic voice, in formats both short and long
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Efficiency in a deadline-driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- You thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Resilience in working with multiple stakeholders and rewriting copy when multiple edits are required
- Creative problem solver who collaborates with graphic designers and web developers
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems is a plus
- You have an opinion on the Oxford comma
- You have a BA/BS in Journalism, Advertising, Communications or relevant field
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.