Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability (Java - Open to Remote)
You'll be the first SRE in the Global Product Experience, working very closely with the Entity Ecosystem. We are building a true platform supporting many teams within the company. This involves around 50 services in production, with our own infrastructure (bare metal) with plans to move to the cloud!
We need you to foster a reliability culture in the GPE organization, collaborating with other SRE engineers from other organizations. Leading initiatives to ensure our services are running as exacted and set the right processes to ensure it!
What You’ll Do
- Keep our services reliable, available and fast. This involves working close to our services and our infrastructure, in bare metal and in the cloud.
- Investigate and resolve critical performance, availability, and resiliency issues in a multi-region, multi-tenant distributed database
- Investigate incidents, drive retrospectives, and find creative solutions in collaboration with the teams.
- Build our infrastructure with code and automation, and lead our transition towards the public cloud.
- Behave as evangelist and mentor for most suitable practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin, or other languages willing to learn Kotlin and Site Reliability Engineering practices.
- Expertise working on microservices architecture, and experience solving sophisticated issues, from networking issues to application failures.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and Ansible and encouraging a reliable culture, working with SLOs and SLAs.
- Kubernetes ecosystem and Elasticsearch or Kafka.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.