Product Marketing Manager - Platform
This position sits in our beautiful Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA office. Relocation assistance may be provided.
Calling all product marketers with strong technical backgrounds and a real passion for SaaS technology! We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to support the New Relic observability platform.
Our entity-centric observability platform provides DevOps, SRE, and operations engineers the power they need to cut through the complexity of their modern systems. The platform provides the entry point to find and understand the root cause of software problems at modern cloud scale. It delivers an intuitive and flexible dashboarding system to quickly connect data from any source. And it provides a full set of tools so developers can quickly build applications, or take advantage of open source applications that already exist.
With our platform’s scale and breadth growing every year, we need an expert product marketer who can help us clearly communicate the value of the platform in a way that is compelling to our developer-users and prospects.
What You’ll Do
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our core audiences: developers, IT Operations, and application owners, as well as economic buyers and decision makers including CIOs and CTOs
- Drive go-to-market strategy centered on adoption of capabilities by users, and partner with the launch management team to plan and execute launches
- Evangelize the benefits of the New Relic platform, specifically for DevOps and modern SRE use cases, to our customers, field teams, partners, and prospects
- Build a community of developers contributing to an ecosystem of open-source applications that deliver unique value to customers in specific industries (e.g. - media, e-commerce, travel, financial services)
- Translate complex technical topics into simple marketing concepts for diverse technical and non-technical audiences, turning deep and raw technical information into clear, easy to consume, high impact content
- Develop collateral and training materials for sales teams that bring the product positioning to life with compelling narratives that are grounded in customer stories
- Partner with marketing to craft engaging content such as datasheets, eBooks, whitepapers, presentations, and webinars
- Perform market research and analysis, and develop strategies that bolster New Relic’s position in the market
- Increase product usage and adoption among your key user bases, in close partnership with our product and technical evangelists, sales, and customer success
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and design to harness customer insights that help define the product roadmap
- Communicate a compelling vision for your product and the overall portfolio through internal and external events
- 3+ years of meaningful experience in marketing, building, or writing about highly technical products
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a technical discipline
- Expertise in crafting differentiated, provocative and compelling marketing content for developers
- Marketing experience with SaaS products, especially in enterprise software for developers
- Experience talking with developers and operations users, and a deep understand of their jobs-to-be-done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or advanced technical education or certifications
- Familiarity with O11y
- Deep understanding of software, how it is built and delivered
- Hands-on experience with programming or building analytics queries
- Solid understanding of what DevOps users demand of their open-source, homegrown, or SaaS tools, particularly as it pertains to monitoring and observability
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.