Senior Manager Technical Enablement
The Global Enablement team at New Relic provides enablement needs analysis, learning programs design, delivery and coaching, and field communications to drive successful go to market performance.
A New Relic Global Enablement professional designs and executes programs in collaboration with key business partners and external providers, will interact with senior levels within the organization, and be part of a fast-paced environment and dynamic team.
Sales and Technical Sales Enablement experience plus knowledge in the SaaS, Applications, Technology or Hardware sectors are required.
What You'll Do
- Design and deliver technical training programs that are experiential, drive behavior change and increase enablement and performance within our global Technical Sales, Support and Customer Success business units
- Build and maintain technical training content that aligns learning and performance strategies (e.g. labs, sandbox demos, scenarios, etc.)
- Proactively identify and solve for process improvements around sharing standard methodologies and collateral for a geographically distributed team (e.g. demos, architectures, campaigns, etc.)
- Develop assessment approaches that conform to New Relic accreditation strategies and processes
- Establish and maintain a steady stream of assets to ensure the field is enabled on the latest product updates and industry strategies.
- Evaluate the business impact of learning programs through use of learning and performance metrics
- Build and maintain valued relationship with key partners and executives
- Technical degree (i.e Computer Engineering, Computer Science) or relevant experience required
- Quick learner and strategic problem solver – proficient in analyzing business needs and securing a technical win.
- 5 to 7 years of demonstrated ability in software development, systems architecture, systems administration and/or technical solutioning
- 2+ years as a consultant, sales engineer, technical account manager, or similar role
- Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating SaaS applications in AWS
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Consistent track record of crafting and executing technical enablement programs in the IT and Developer market.
- Executive presence - strong in building and managing relationships
- Experienced at prioritizing and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent team player
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and facilitation skills are a must.
- Ready to travel where required (approx. 25%). Ideally based in San Francisco
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Experience in digital monitoring, DevOps, cloud adoption, digital customer experience, and/or site reliability
- Experience in multi/hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure and/or GCP infrastructure)
- Experience with solution selling
- Experience with curriculum/program design
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.