Senior Director, Engineering
We’re seeking a Director of Engineering to build and scale the teams and technologies of our Platform. This position sits in our beautiful Portland, OR office and relocation assistance can be provided.
You will work with other engineering leaders and product managers to develop and execute a strategy that powers our existing monitoring products, while building a platform for modern observability.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? You are an experienced builder and leader of teams that possess the attention to detail needed to work with some of our most critical systems while flourishing in a dynamic, continuous deployment environment. You are a leader who can nurture an environment of close collaboration both within and between teams.
What You’ll Do
- You will develop and execute a vision to transform the systems you are responsible for into our next generation platform. This will include a move to cellular architecture, as well as a partial migration into public cloud.
- Your responsibilities will include the career progression of your direct reports (Engineering Managers and Staff Engineers) by providing feedback and identifying new opportunities to help them grow.
- You’ll work with Product Managers, Program Managers, and other engineering leaders to coordinate development across multiple teams and groups.
- You’ll coordinate major operational changes with your internal service providers and customers.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing engineering teams
- Minimum 10 years experience in Software Engineering (including applicable academic experience)
- Leadership experience on a team responsible for deploying and supporting their own systems in a critical production environment
- Leadership experience on a highly collaborative agile team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in migration from Data Center to Cloud
- Full stack knowledge of systems fundamentals
- Experience developing high-scale distributed systems
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.