Lead Software Engineer - Java & Kafka (Open to remote)
As a Senior Engineer, you will be joining our growing Platform Services teams where you’ll be working with a highly skilled team that has been dealing with modern software architecture in high-throughput environments. You can expect exciting challenges in this rapidly evolving area.
What You’ll Do
- You will be a member of the Platform Services team, which means that you are familiar with or be up to the challenge to work with many different technologies and become a mentor for less seasoned engineers.
- Create and maintain distributed high-throughput applications with technologies with different technologies like based on JVM, like Java or Kotlin, this includes building GraphQL APIs.
- Create and maintain real-time processing services with KStream on top of one of the biggest Kafka clusters in the world, with powerful search capabilities running a fault-tolerant Elasticsearch cluster.
- Ensure architectural direction with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Be an evangelist and mentor for best practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
- You have a high level of expertise developing, shipping, and maintaining high throughput Java services. Experience with Kotlin is a plus.
- You’re an expert working with REST APIs and GraphQL APIs (deep understanding of HTTP, pagination, request retrial, …)
- You’re very comfortable with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues.
- You’re well versed in common distributed systems patterns like back-pressure, circuit breaks, or bulkheads.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You have great teammate skills.
- You speak proficient English.
- You’re passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires.
- You’re very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You understand the value that builds and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Bonus points if you have experience with Elasticsearch, and/or Graph databases.
- Bonus points for being an Open source contributor and/or speaking Spanish.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.