Senior Back End Engineer - Incident Intelligence Team
Senior Back End Engineer - Incident Intelligence Team
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our fast growing Incident Intelligence team based in our Tel Aviv Office. This is a team of interdisciplinary experts, comprised of engineers from the recently acquired company SignifAI. The team is responsible for developing new innovative products in the application monitoring ecosystem that enables DevOps, SRE, and on-call team members to automatically monitor applications, reduce noise in their production environment, correlate between different production incidents, and manage the collective knowledge base of their team and organization.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced engineer who understands what correctness, high availability and consistency means when building a distributed system. But, also understand that sometimes you need to compromise for timely manner delivery and remember that worse is better
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate and communicate with others to solve problems
- You are tech-savvy and passionate about new technological challenges
- You are self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team, and learn quickly, meet deadlines, and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
- You are able to convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members
The New Relic Tel Aviv office is rapidly growing but we are still very agile, with a strong start-up vibe. Join us to play an important part in building a technologically challenging and unique product that will be an integral part of the New Relic product suite.
What You'll Do
- You will join a team of very technical engineers working on a complex distributed platform that enables innovative solutions for monitoring applications and systems
- You will design, develop and test production-grade components within a micro-service architecture implemented in Python
- You will collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, and additional stakeholders to frame problems within the business and product context
- You will take ownership of end to end software engineering initiatives for multiple backend components and projects
- You will contribute to the product technical design, architecture and implementation of our backend components
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer in the industry
- Expertise in Python, Java, C#, Go or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Proven experience in designing, developing and testing scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with designing and developing API based platforms that support the usage of both Frontend and backend components
- Experience with maintaining software products throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Experience with designing and implementing system tests, integration tests, and unitests
- 3+ years of developing production-grade applications in Python
- Experience with developing systems using concurrency and asynchronous programming frameworks
- Familiarity with message queuing systems & patterns
- Experience working in teams that use CI/CD practices
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS/GCP
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Monthly meals fund (10bis).
- Retirement fund and Keren Hishtalmut.
- Professional Development classes
- Office located in the center of Tel Aviv, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.