Senior TechOps Strategy Consultant
New Relic’s TechOps Strategy Consulting team is an exciting new organization whose mission is to partner with our largest and most strategic customers. The Ops team will advise these customers on how to apply the New Relic platform in support of their initiatives and day to day responsibilities. We evangelize our strategic direction and vision for Ops, collaborate with our Product organization to incorporate key insights from the field into our roadmap, and with our Sales Team to improve our knowledge and processes for Ops buyers.
We are now looking to grow the organization by adding team-members who are technically savvy, passionate about our customers’ success, and committed to improving our Ops product and sales strategy.
How do you know if you'll be successful in this role? You have worked extensively as a Pre-Sales Consultant and have a previous track record as an Operator. You also have the correct mix of business savvy, technical prowess and hands-on can do attitude.
What You’ll Do
- Become an Ops expert by completing your knowledge around all technologies used by TechOps engineers and SREs for planning, development, verification, packaging, configuration, release, monitoring, documentation and intelligence applications.
- Partner with Sales Team as to articulate the overall New Relic value proposition, vision and strategy to customers around our Infrastructure, Logging, AIOPs and other TechOps/SRE oriented solutions
- Own technical engagements with customers during the trial phase. Communicate New Relic value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to a successful conclusion
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and understanding of the TechOps use case
- Deliver product and technical briefings/presentations to potential clients.
- Mentor other members of the New Relic Team on any aspect of customer engagements as it relates to Infrastructure, AIOPs and any other product from our platform that is significant to Ops teams
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM and other repositories regarding customer input and findings in both wins and losses
- Share technical and market intelligence with the broader New Relic team
- Analyze and share insights with other New Relic teams
- Deep technical knowledge of the Ops/SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) function and priorities through direct operator experience and/or technical sales focused on Ops/SRE
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure, monitoring and intelligence solutions and technologies.
- Passion and ability to educate customers on solutions and risks that are significant to their business and to build and execute an evaluation plan that meets their needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day
- Minimum of 10 years of experience combining Ops/SRE roles or Ops/SRE focused technical sales engineering roles
- Main cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle, other)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos or other container technologies.
- Programming experience. Extra points for Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, and .NET
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux
- Experience with AI/ML technologies and solutions applied to the Ops use case
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.