Team Leader - Registered Children's Home
Salary banding: £23,337 - 30,232 (DOE & contracted hours)
Are you looking for the next step up in residential childcare?
Could you lead a team to have a positive impact on the lives of young people?
New Forest Care is a bespoke childcare provider who offer high-quality residential care, education, crisis care and therapy to children and young people presenting with challenging social, emotional, educational and behavioural difficulties.
The successful candidate will be assisting with the safe and smooth running of a multi-occupancy children’s home up to a maximum of four young people, delivering high-quality care to the young people placed with us.
A UK driving licence is also required for this role.
Purpose of the role
The role includes, but is not limited to
- The efficient day-to-day running of the home.
- To support, assist and deputise for the Registered Manager where necessary.
- To provide strong, motivational leadership to staff, promoting creativity, openness and a strong team working ethic.
- To provide a consistent, high-quality care service that supports the assessed needs of children and young people and which advocates for their well-being.
- To place the well-being of children and young people at the heart of all decision making.
What skills are we looking for?
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in written format.
- A committed team player with the ability to lead, motivate and supervise others, with a focus on having a positive impact on the lives of the young people in our care.
- Able to promote a sense of family in the home and encourage activities and interests that help our young people to build self-esteem and emotional resilience through attachment.
- Mature, responsible, resilient and level-headed.
- Looking to work in an environment that can be challenging but also fun and rewarding.
- Able to work under pressure and make decisions in stressful situation.
- To hold a relevant Diploma Level 3 Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification (as specified by Ofsted).
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory role of staff within a team.
- To hold a full driving licence and have the ability to drive, or a willingness to gain a driving licence is essential within a year of gaining employment.
Why work for us?
- Staff bonus after 2 years' service and subject to company performance.
- Commitment to high-quality support and continued professional development.
- Readily available overtime.
- Staff referral bonus.
- Be part of a supportive staff group with the focus on team work, employee well-being and engagement, including annual team building events.
- High staff to child ratios and NO agency staff.
- All meals provided when on shift.
New Forest Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
No agencies please.