Activity Residential Support Worker
Salary banding: £23,337 - £32,000 per year
Could you be a positive role model and build trusting relationships with young people?
Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people and are passionate about outdoor learning?
We are looking to recruit dynamic Activity Residential Support Workers to join our dedicated ARC (Activity Residential Care) team. We work with vulnerable young people through short-term (3-month) programmes, building self-esteem and confidence to support transitions into long-term placements and education.
We engage our young people through a programme of adventurous activity and outdoor education that our staff team either facilitate or participate in.
We have an AALA registered centre with on-site activities as well as working in collaboration with other local providers and sites. Our young people can be challenging and present with emotional and behavioural difficulties, ADHD and Autism.
Shift pattern: 51 hours per week
Week 1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun
Week 2: Wed, Thurs
• Experience of supporting vulnerable young people within a residential care environment, or another professional setting.
• You will be compassionate, resilient and committed to being a positive role model.
• Confident in managing challenging behaviours.
• Flexible, working a residential care rota which includes evening, weekends and holiday periods. Sleep-ins are also part of the role.
• A full UK driving licence and access to a car due to rural locations.
Purpose of the role:
• Support or lead, where appropriate, a wide range of activities/daily tasks.
• To provide a consistent, high-quality service that supports the assessed needs of residents and to advocate for their well-being.
• Through activities, help residents develop self-esteem, a feeling of safety and personal strategies to deal with unhelpful behaviour and thoughts, and ultimately to achieve their optimum potential.
• Support and promote a positive safeguarding culture.
• To actively promote and engage in promoting creativity, openness and a strong teamwork ethic.
• To support a culture where people are valued and supported to make a difference to the lives of others.
Salary banding: £23,337 - £32,000 per year depending on experience, qualifications, sleep-ins and contracted hours.
Enhancements to pay: Salary banding above includes up to £7,500 per annum for sleep-ins, paid at £61.
Why work for us?
• Rewarding and fulfilling work with the chance to make a difference to the lives of others
• Staff bonus after 2 years' service and subject to company performance
• Commitment to high-quality support, on-going training and continued professional development
• Readily available overtime
• Staff Introduction Bonus
• Be part of a supportive staff group with the focus on teamwork, employee well-being and engagement
• High staff to child ratios and NO agency staff
• All meals provided when on shift
New Forest Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
No agencies please.