Data Analyst - NYC
Come work for Net at Work ranked #29 among the world’s 501 most strategic and innovative managed service providers (MSPs) and the top Sage partner in North America!
About Net at Work:
For businesses that want to unleash new levels of efficiency, performance and success, Net at Work provides expert services and solutions that unlock the transformational power of technology. We combine technology and business expertise with exceptional care to build long-term, trusted relationships. We’re problem-solvers and promise-keepers. Those are the twin principles upon which Net at Work was founded, and they’re what our clients tell us they value most about their relationships with us.
While we provide a variety of technology-related business services delivered by a diverse group of 200-plus dedicated professionals, we are a single, tight-knit team. We share challenges and solutions, victories and failures, valuing each team members’ contribution to the whole. One company, with one goal: enable our clients to unleash their potential through the transformative power of technology.
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented Data Analyst to join our Net at Work Operations team. You’ll be responsible for collecting, maintaining and analyzing data that drives our day to day business as well as translating data into insights and working closely with our leadership to help guide our business strategy.
The Data Analyst will:
- Collect data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Utilize strong Microsoft Excel and SQL skills in order to provide high-quality data analysis.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data.
- Manage and complete time-sensitive monthly data tracking and reporting projects.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Fix coding errors, investigate data anomalies and other data-related problems.
- Assist in building predictive systems to help catch issues before they arise and assist in building and supporting monthly financial reporting.
- Own the design of advanced analytics dashboards and KPI reports in our BI tool starting from requirements gathering across sales, product and senior leadership teams to the delivery of a final, polished reports in production.
- Use data to answer key questions about the business and deliver takeaways from data with statistical significance.
- Provide timely, valuable solutions for ad hoc analyses via SQL with a focus to detail on crafting scripts that can be easily manipulated to efficiently address similar future analyses.
- Be the go-to person for any ad-hoc data-related questions.
- 2-5 years of experience in data, consulting, analytics or a related function involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using SQL and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience designing reports and dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with using an ETL management tool to collect data from various sources into analytical databases.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Data-oriented personality, great communication skills, and an excellent eye for details.
- Accountability is key – needs to have drive, urgency and be self-motivated.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is a plus.