VP, Product Management
VP, Product Management
Reports to SVP, General Manager Digital
Neptune Retail Solutions (fka News America Marketing) is the nation’s premier retail marketing services company. We are experts at influencing buying behaviors through disruptive, innovative, and results-oriented solutions, including in-store, home-delivered, and digital media tactics. Our powerful advertising and promotional programs are supported through rich data and insights. The country’s largest consumer packaged goods manufacturers rely on NRS for unparalleled consumer reach and engagement.
NRS’s digital portfolio is making its mark on the industry. NRS digital products include: Checkout 51, Freedom Platform, digital media tools/services (digital display, premium mobile, social, email, DOOH and digital in-store). We continue to strengthen these existing tactics while expanding our product offerings, partnerships, and capabilities. We offer unique and data-led strategies for our clients to reach their most valuable shoppers. Our products continue to evolve to include best-in-class methods to deliver engaging content at the most impactful time in the most relevant geographies.
The VP of Product Management deeply understands the company vision, sets the NRS digital product strategy to support this vision, and reinforces this strategy across the team. This person will ask hard questions about the value of each of our products and the impact of these products on the customer/advertisers. You will excel at predictive decision-making that draws from industry knowledge, previous product experiences and consumer insights/data.
As a manager, you will lead a group of senior and junior product managers and empower them to be owners of their own product lines. As the leader of the NRS digital product portfolio, you will need to have a holistic, strategic view of our products, how they are built, and how to make them successful. You will drive innovation and build connectivity between our digital products and understand how they drive value for our retailer and advertiser partners. This product leader will connect the technology and commercial worlds to create value for users and for NRS.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze data/feedback from consumers and stakeholders (commercial sales teams, marketing, engineering, and insights) to shape requirements, features, and end products
- Interpret insights and make informed decisions as part of a continuous improvement process which includes experimentation and user testing
- Develop and execute product plans and roadmaps which incorporate available resources
- Demonstrate the business value of product and partner with product marketing to ensure GTM requirements are met
- Produce and review product requirement documents
- 10+ years of product management experience with ad technology and/or mobile consumer-facing applications (iOS, Android, web)
- 5+ year of management experience leading a team of product managers
- Experience with digital incentives and coupon offers within the consumer packaged goods/retail industry preferred
- Successful track record of delivering business results by building optimal product experiences across web and mobile applications
- A strong storyteller who can motivate, excite and inspire a team of product managers
- Data-driven decision making and the ability to think creatively about how to get the data you need to best inform decisions & strategy
- Insatiable curiosity and strong attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration and listening skills. You work well with others towards shared goals, guide teams to manage conflicting points of view, and create an atmosphere of cooperation.
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization