NEP Investment Associate-SUM25
Who We Are
Norwest Equity Partners (NEP) is a leading private equity investment firm that invests in and helps build and scale great companies. NEP’s history differentiates us within the private equity industry – our sustained 60+ year longevity is virtually unmatched. NEP has raised over $7 billion of capital and is currently investing NEP XI, a $1+ billion fund.
NEP is committed to attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining a diverse team. As a team, we are dedicated to building a culture of mutual respect and teamwork where different perspectives and backgrounds are valued. We provide our people opportunities, support their development, and positively impact their future success. Please visit www.nep.com to learn more.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time, pre-MBA candidate for at least a two year “Investment Associate” (a.k.a. Associate) role. The Associate role is an integral part of our investment team and provides coveted early-career investor development across industry sectors, the new investment process, and a hands-on experience working closely with our portfolio companies. All investment and portfolio deal teams are cross-staffed providing exposure and ability to work together and learn from all members of our investment team. Nothing is more important at NEP than our desire and need to work effectively in teams and in close partnership with our portfolio executive teams.
The Associate’s fundamental investment and team responsibilities include:
- financial modeling for new investment deal activity
- researching companies and industries
- coordination of and execution of new deal transaction and due diligence processes
- creating new investment overviews and marketing materials
- working closely with portfolio company executives on reporting, analysis, and projects
- supporting NEP’s portfolio teams with governance and financial reporting processes
What We Offer
We develop our Associates with a hands-on, entrepreneurial, and apprenticeship approach. We provide exposure and opportunities to learn and develop across sectors while adding value within our new investment process and by supporting the growth and development of our companies. We believe that providing broad exposure, responsibility for impactful work, and the opportunity for daily, direct learning from experienced investors and managers creates a valuable combination for development, ultimately helping prepare the Associate for future career success.
In addition to learning and practicing investment fundamentals, we provide a hands-on experience to augment an Associate’s development. As examples, exposure to the following will round out the experience:
- investor skills including new deal and add-on acquisition evaluation
- deal team communication
- relationship building with investment bankers and lenders
- merger and acquisition legal and structuring topics
- relationship building with portfolio executives
- governance and board processes
- analytical, accounting, and financial planning activities
- value creation strategic planning
- compensation structures
- portfolio company projects
- fundraising and firm initiatives
This broad exposure helps to build the skills necessary to support a career in investing, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, or other related career paths. Previous NEP Associates have successfully pursued careers in investing at a wide array of firms, corporate finance, admission to top MBA programs, and some have been invited to continue their investing career at NEP.
What We Look For
Our firm has high standards for performance and aims to recruit the most capable individuals. The ideal Associate candidate is eager to learn and develop and improve both technical and soft skills. We seek candidates with exceptional analytical, communication, multi-tasking, and creative problem-solving skills. They have demonstrated initiative, high integrity, self-awareness, a learner mindset, optimism and are collaborative and curious. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and is enthusiastic about being part of a team that is focused on investing in and building great companies. They are excited to embrace the unique opportunity to work on the front lines with our investment teams and portfolio companies, including top C-level executives. The ideal education and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years (by the NEP start date) of relevant experience such as investment, finance, accounting, consulting, or merger & acquisition experience
- Strong analytical aptitude including financial modeling or analytics experience
- Excellent research or due diligence skills
- MS Office skill with MS Excel proficiency
Where and When
- Positions are available in the Minneapolis, MN office
- Starting Summer of 2025