Lead Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Lead Clinical Laboratory Technologist- FISH for our FISH team. We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission and together we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Lead Technologist works under little or no supervision and demonstrates proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist III. This is the advanced level for the Technologist job category responsible for assisting the department supervisor/manager, participating in training all laboratory personnel, and coordinating and reviewing the work of assigned staff in addition to performing the full range of clinical testing procedures. You will typically leads 5+ employees; though may lead fewer than 5 employees depending on the size of the department and/or site.
Position objectives are to achieve desired level of competency and accuracy for the main department processes and responsibilities of assigned position, as defined in established SOP’s, within 6 months. Our goal is to meet or exceed productivity expectations and report quality results with limited errors. You will maintain satisfactory results on all department specific competency assessments. You will work productively and expertly to achieve company and departmental goals, while effectively schedule and handle resources to meet department goals.
- Assists in supervising technical personnel by: monitoring workflow to meet testing schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; scheduling; training employees on company and laboratory policies, procedures, techniques, and on equipment; resolving work related problems of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions
- As a team, we will lead and implement project improvements within the department
- Assists the Laboratory Supervisor/Manager with the documentation and daily completion of performance verification criteria of tests, reagents and equipment as requested
- Reviews QA and QC records in accordance with departmental procedures and reports all problems to management.
- Alongside the Supervisor, you will help in the monitoring and correction of trends and issues in equipment operation, reagent usage and test procedures performance. Additionally, you will perform advanced troubleshooting skills maintain a proper working.
- Generates incident reports when appropriate and enters corrective action taken to achieve resolution on appropriate QC sheets
- Recommends and institutes corrective action promptly, if not immediately, following a qualified incident, potential problems, or corporate recommendation, and approved by the Director of the Director’s delegate
- We will expedite workflow to improve capacity by evaluating systems and recommending improvements. As a teammate, you will offers feedback to come to a resolution of production problems/issues cross-functionally.
- Reviews department activities to ensure compliance with departmental polices and federal, state and local regulations
- Assists with the departments’ annual competency testing process and documentation
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university preferred. Degree in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least 1 year of laboratory experience/training/training course highly preferred.
- Experience: You will need minimum (6) six or more years of equivalent experience (high complexity testing) preferred
- ASCP CG Certification required.
- State of Florida Laboratory Personnel license required. .
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- We need an individual who has the ability to communicate effectively, have strong social skills and attention to detail
- This role will work in a biohazard environment and align with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments, as well as ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.