Anatomic Pathology Supervisor, Second Shift - $5k Sign on Bonus!
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Supervisor, this position will work a Tues-Sat 2:00pm-10:30pm. We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, you will have the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and personnel in the Anatomic Pathology department. You will be responsible for performing duties to meet quality assurance, safety and accreditation requirements in the laboratory. The Laboratory Supervisor is also responsible for helping in the implementation of all area procedures and operations as well as ensuring that metrics established to measure quality, production and efficiency are strictly followed.
- Recommend and endorse test methods to include validation, documentation and implementation of test systems
- Report any problem cases and/or abnormal findings to the Medical Laboratory Director to ensure timely resolution and/or follow up
- Review all patient case reports and images for accuracy prior to review by a Medical Laboratory Director. Makes corrections as necessary
- Monitor laboratory work performance to determine staffing resources utilization; review monthly work statistics and budget reports; establish work performance standards and adjust staffing levels as needed
Master of Arts or Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution with a major in one the chemical, physical, or biological sciences, and subsequent to graduation, has had at least four years of pertinent laboratory experience of which not less than two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of the successful completion of a course of at least 1 year experience/training/training course in assigned specialty
At least six (6) or more years experience (high complexity testing) preferred in the assigned specialty. (A minimum of one (1) year of internal service in the designated specialty as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist III is typically required for promotion to this level.)
At least three (3) or more years of successful experience in a supervisor or leadership capacity preferred
- Nationally: ASCP HT or HTL certification required
- Florida: state supervisor level license to perform laboratory testing required at time of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory techniques with emphasis on Anatomic Pathology
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations
- Shown leadership and analytical skills
- Possesses strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.