Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Surgical Pathologist for our Aliso Viejo location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Senior Surgical Pathologist will be responsible for providing safe and efficient Pathology and laboratory services to NeoGenomics and will provide advice on pathology and laboratory matters and professional pathology and laboratory standards of practice. This is a staff level position within the Medical Dept.
- Participates in several functions involved in day-to-day operations, including case consultation sign out responsibilities and may interact with our clients for Pre-Analytical, Analytical, and Post-Analytical questions.
- Performs diagnostic interpretation of biopsy and/or cytology material to include gross and microscopic evaluation, dictation and electronic release of reviewed cases.
- Reads and interprets laboratory data.
- Performs quality control and assurance procedures and participates in departmental activities.
- Works closely with clinical and administrative staff to insure the highest standards of TAT, quality, and customer service are maintained.
- Provides expertise and assistance to technologists and technicians to resolve case issues.
- Establishes effective relationships with referring physicians and ensures excellent client follow-up.
- Provides input in the decision-making process regarding utilization of state-of-the-art technologies, as well as innovative diagnostic or therapeutic testing in Surgical Pathology.
- Assists in developing new testing services based on medical/scientific advances and patient/client needs.
- Participate in presentations at national scientific meetings, and in preparing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Surgical Pathology, Medical Director and/or Chief Medical Officer
M.D. or D.O degree, and board certification in Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, and fellowship trained in Surgical Pathology are required. Board Certification in a subspecialty area within Anatomic Pathology is preferred, but is not required.
At least five years of attending level, post-fellowship experience in an inpatient and/or outpatient laboratory or reference laboratory setting.
- Proven track record as a productive member of a multi-disciplinary team, including a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers in senior management
- A proven record of acquiring required information related to identifying needs and potential solutions, analyzing or improvising the most appropriate solution, and determining and detailing the most important course of action.
- Proven experience using an automated laboratory information system (LIS) which features on-line transcription and reporting, and electronic signature.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, business and clinical judgment, emphasis on turnaround time, and organizational development skills are critical for success.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in a fast paced, dynamic environment toward serving customers.
Certificate Compliance Requirements:
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, Board certification in Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology,
- Active, or eligibility for, unrestricted Medical License to practice in the state of CA
- Additional state medical licensure in NY and TX is a plus.
- Ability to fulfill CLIA ’88 if required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.