Laboratory Assistant I
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Laboratory Assistant I who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. We are seeking someone who has an interest in laboratory operations and would like to learn more about procedures to solve cases.
This position will work Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am start
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Laboratory Assistant you will assist the department technologist in performing various basic laboratory procedures laboratory instrumentation to facilitate production. This in an entry level position in the clinical laboratory job category and employees in this position may not manipulate samples.
- Sort and receive specimens in the department
- Record the required information in laboratory log books, specimen accession sheets, workflow drafts, etc., to ensure quality assurance of specimens
- Perform simple laboratory tasks of operating equipment, printing extra labels, recording data, and specimen storage and retrieval and other clerical duties as assigned
- Prepare reagents for laboratory procedures as directed in the procedure manual and under the direct supervision of a certified technologist
- Perform various housekeeping and/or maintenance tasks to keep laboratory and equipment in clean and operable condition
- Maintain department inventory and order supplies as needed
- Resolve pending lists, find missing samples, and maintain files for record
- Report problems concerning individual cases, tests, equipment and supplies to laboratory supervisor or lead technologist to ensure timely resolution
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: You will need a High School Diploma with an emphasis on science courses preferred.
- Experience: It is preferred that you have one to two years experience in a similar capacity and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.