Revenue Cycle Management Specialist II
NeoGenomics is looking for a Revenue Cycle Management Specialist II who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the notable work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Position Summary: The individual in this position typically reconcile medical claims for the purpose of collecting revenue for NeoGenomics. They will work with the patient, client and/or Third Party insurance bills, and may work on one or more of these processes on a daily basis.
- Focus efforts on increasing cash and reducing bad debt
- Analyze payer issues and resolve AR to increase cash collections
- Subject Matter Expert on AR collections related to Neo procedures and systems
- Assists management with developing training and QC
- Identifies payer trends and brings to Lead and management attention for resolution
- Complete refunds/adjustments to customer accounts, while providing necessary back-up information in order to maintain accuracy
- Contact Third Party carriers to follow up on denied and un-responded claims
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries from the patient or their representative in order to resolve billing issues
- Handle patient indigence and bankruptcy claims
- May have contact with insurance carriers, clients, patients and/or other outside sources
- Regular research involving both the internet and billing systems
- Maintain compliance and HIPAA standards at all times
- Meet or exceed daily production standards
- Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned)
- Ability to work on various other projects as needed
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
A minimum five years of experience in A/R, Billing, Customer Service, insurance or healthcare preferred; a background in insurance and/or cash application preferred
- PC skills with specific proficiency in Excel
- Basic Math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Data entry skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.