NeoGenomics Employees must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within 7 business days of your start date which will required by the HR department. If you are formally offered a position to join NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Molecular Pathologist in our Medical Staff Department in Aliso Viejo, California, as part of our growth and expansion.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the extraordinary work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Pathologists will be responsible for accurate and efficient interpretation of Molecular Oncology results utilizing Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), Sanger sequencing, PCR, fragment analysis or other techniques.
Pathologists will be responsible for ensuring reports contain appropriate interpretive comments relevant to acquired and/or inherited hematologic or solid tumors as well as prognostic and therapeutic recommendations.
In addition, you will seek to provide safe and efficient pathology and laboratory services to NeoGenomics and will provide advice on pathology and laboratory matters and professional standards of practice. This is a staff level position within the Medical Dept.
- Achieves desired level of proficiency and accuracy for the main department processes and responsibilities of assigned position
- Meets or exceed efficiency expectations
- Maintains compliance with all accrediting and regulatory standards
- Achieves all individual and departmental performance goals or objectives as established by the Medical Director
- Effectively schedules and handles resources to meet department goals
- Communicates optimally with all levels of staff
- Maintains detailed knowledge and shows proven support of NeoGenomics Laboratories core values, safety, compliance, and Company policies and procedures
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs interpretation of molecular results to include next generation sequencing as well as electronic release of reviewed cases,
- Performs quality control and assurance procedures
- Participates in day-to-day operations, including molecular case sign out with full time availability to interact with clients for Pre-Analytical, Analytical, and Post-Analytical questions.
- Provides expertise and assistance to technologists and technicians to resolve case issues.
- Serves as Delegated Clinical Consultant when assigned by site Medical Director.
- Works closely with clinical and administrative staff to ensure the highest standards of turnaround time, quality, and customer service are maintained
- Establishes effective relationships with referring physicians and ensures excellent client follow-up.
- Provides input in the decision- making process regarding utilization of state-of-the-art technologies, as well as innovative diagnostic or therapeutic testing in Hematopathology and Solid Tumors.
- Assists in developing new testing services based on medical/scientific advances and patient/client needs.
- May participate in presenting at national scientific meetings, and in preparing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Supports a culture of teamwork
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director of Chief Medical Officer
M.D. or D.O. Degree required; Board certification or board eligibility in Molecular Genetics Pathology through the American Board of Pathology or Medical Genetics or Clinical Molecular Genetics through the American Board of Medical Genetics
At least two years’ experience signing out Molecular Oncology cases working with NGS
- Must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within 7 business days of your start date which will required by the HR department. If you are formally offered a position to join NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
- Proven track record as a productive member of a multi-disciplinary team, including a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers in senior management
- A solid track record of acquiring required information related to identifying needs and potential solutions, analyzing or improvising the most appropriate solution, and resolving and detailing appropriate course of action.
- Shown experience using an automated laboratory information system (LIS) which features on-line transcription and reporting, and electronic signature.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, business and clinical judgment, emphasis on turnaround time, and organizational development skills are critical for success.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in a fast paced, dynamic environment toward customer service.
- Board certification in Molecular Pathology through the American Board of Pathology or Medical Genetics or Clinical Molecular Genetics through the American Board of Medical Genetics
- Active unrestricted Medical License to practice in the state of CA or FL based on laboratory assignment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.