Marketing Director - Commercial and Corporate Practice
Corporate & Commercial Practice Marketing Director
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, Microsoft, Warner Brothers Entertainment, Zillow, Epic Games, Bungie Inc., LinkedIN, and development companies like Alexandria, Hines, Tishman Speyer, Wright Runstad, Vulcan, and Swire Properties as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life.
NBBJ has set new standards for flexible and results-driven office and commercial environments. The firm’s approach focuses on aligning the client’s brand and business goals with design solutions that inspire innovation, leverage technology and enhance the unique business goals and culture of each company. With each new project, NBBJ critically examines how its client’s workplace functions to design environments that encourage innovation and productivity. NBBJ’s Marketing Team develops customized client relationship strategies in partnership with differentiated thought leadership content.
The role at a glance:
NBBJ’s Corporate & Commercial Practice Marketing Director is responsible for building strong go-to-market strategies that are deeply rooted in client relevancy and differentiation. Success will lead to strong client relationship strategies, excellent point-of-sale performance and revenue growth.
This leadership role creates targeted lead generation and client relationship programs and manages thought leadership content that underscore NBBJ’s brand positioning. Other key responsibilities focus on developing and managing an annual marketing budget, tracking metrics, and orchestrating effective new business/prospect efforts. The position reports to the Global Director of Marketing.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead Generation & Client Relationships: In partnership with senior Market Leaders, the Practice Marketing Director researches, identifies, and qualifies new leads from both new and existing clients. You will be responsible for helping to craft and ensure accuracy of an ongoing approach and plan for targeted conversations and opportunities for client engagement. You will develop, manage, and lead client loyalty programs in partnership with NBBJ’s design studios.
- Point-of-Sale and Prepositioning Strategies. You will lead teams that produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling new business development efforts: qualification packages, proposals, and presentations, in response to direct select opportunities or RFPs. These responses should address client needs and clearly articulate the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity. You are expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging with prospective corporate clients in an entrepreneurial way, while understanding and communicating NBBJ's unique value proposition, and looking for novel opportunities to build awareness of NBBJ’s service offerings. The Practice Marketing Director leads the Go/No Go process for new corporate prospects in each studio and helps set the marketing investment for each pursuit.
- Communication, Culture and Collaboration: You are responsible for creating visibility and transparency in the sales pipeline and business development process among sales professionals. NBBJ has an inclusive empowered marketing minded culture. The Practice Marketing Director will lead with optimism, energy and continue to build a strong marketing culture across the entire organization.
- Content Development and Quality Assurance: The Practice Marketing Director has a proven track record developing relevant content that supports sales strategies. This role ensures that all proposals, qualification packages, presentations, and general marketing materials portray NBBJ’s brand as developed by the Communications Team, producing best-in-class, and competitive marketing material.
- Design Discipline Empathy: The Practice Marketing Director is deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creation of learning opportunities for project teams is paramount. Because of this, an openness and desire to understand all the various aspects of design are critical, as is a commitment to dialogue with the broader NBBJ architect/designer community.
- Budgets, Goals and Metrics: Working with the Marketing Operations Leader, the Practice Marketing Director develops an annual marketing budget for the corporate practice and helps set annual sales goals for each office within the corporate practice. This role regularly reviews metrics, insights and analyses provided by the Marketing Operations Leader and Finance to identify trends and integrate insights into the marketing investments and strategies of the Corporate Practice.
- Mentorship: The Practice Marketing Director oversees, mentors, and guides marketing support staff and acts as an effective advocate for team members, being invested in the growth and development of the team.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience in leading successful marketing and business development programs for professional services/B2B companies
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience and an ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate business development and marketing staff.
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; Graduate Degree in Real Estate business, Marketing or Communications a plus.
- Experience in developing go to market strategies while ensuring adoption and execution.
- Thorough understanding of executing demand generation, prepositioning strategies, and acting on insights from performance metrics.
- Ability to regularly engage face to face or virtually with design professionals in a number of NBBJ offices; act as a coach for marketing best practices and strategy development.
- Excellent strategy execution skills, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage large teams.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM, Adobe Creative Suite and other marketing software is a plus.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.