Office Services Coordinator
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
NBBJ is currently seeking a part to full-time Office Services Coordinator to join the Seattle Office Services Team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of professionalism, as well as have the confidence to make informed judgment calls and be self- motivated. The candidate should be willing to be flexible in terms of taking on tasks as assigned.
Your New Role:
- Manage front desk, greet guests with an outgoing personal style, creating an exceptional experience
- Assign Service Desk requests
- Coordinate conference room setup details, including catering and beverage services
- Schedule/coordinate internal and external meetings, conference calls and video conferences across multiple time zones
- Liaise with assistants from multiple teams across the firm and ensuring forward planning for meetings, events and deliverables
- Responsible for parking validation and transportation services, includes tracking and reconciliation.
- Manage building access card system including; building access cards and monthly parking
- Maintain electronic files & tasks
- Complete ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Various administrative tasks
- Monitor and coordinate stocking of conference room supplies
- Provide team support, rotate as-needed; catering, café services, events, administrative, shipping and facilities
- Manage office greenery including maintenance and budget planning
- Procurement and reconciliation of office expenses
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Passion for customer service and hospitality
- Personal poise and professional appearance
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with individuals at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities as appropriate
- Identify problems and seek solutions
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Proactive, able to work independently and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Team player, able to collaborate with team members to achieve firm goals
- Volunteers willingly to assist others, or assist as requested, based upon workload
- 2+ years in customer service or administrative support role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Skype for Business, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop knowledge is a plus!
- Organized, detail oriented, multi-tasking, self-motivational and collaboration skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs
Hours are 8:00am – 1:00pm, Monday – Friday. Competitive compensation package based on experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.