Office Services Assistant
NBBJ is an award-winning design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle in an Office Services Assistant role.
The Office Services Assistant works directly with Office Services Team and is direct report to the Global Facilities Manager. This individual often works independently and therefore must be able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks on time. The primary responsibility of the Office Services Assistant is to support the day to day reception and other hospitality services.
Hours are 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday. Competitive compensation package based on experience.
Your New Role:
- Answer multi-line calls, direct guests and respond to general inquiries
- Steward conference rooms and common areas – tidiness, supplies, resources and design standards
- Complete Service Desk requests as assigned
- Liaise with assistants from multiple teams across the firm and ensure forward planning for meetings, events and deliverables
- Monitor and order parking validation
- Responsible for building and parking access cards
- Coordinate transportation services; taxi, Uber
- Maintain electronic files
- Complete ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Various administrative tasks
- Manage multiple catering vendor accounts
- Provide team with backup support; catering, café’s, shipping, administration and facilities
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with individuals at all levels
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Comfortable with physical work
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities as appropriate
- Identify problems and seek solutions
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Proactive, able to work independently and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Team player, able to collaborate with team members to achieve firm goals
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Lync, Excel, Outlook)
- Volunteers willingly to assist others, or assist as requested, based upon workload
- 2+ administrative support or
- 2+ years in food service industry
- Multi-line phone system experience
- Organized, detail oriented, multi-tasking, self-motivational and collaboration skills
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.