Senior Interior Designer (Technical Focus + Client Facing) - Corporate Interiors Practice
Senior Interior Designer (Technical Focus + Client Facing)
NBBJ is an award-winning design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing
what’s next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
We are seeking a Senior Interior Designer (Technical Focus + Client Facing), with 10+ years of experience, whom will have comprehensive understanding of progress and process on projects in mainland China, strong client facing and multi-lateral coordination skills, solid technical knowledge and experience (including CD review and CA review), and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Why this role is important to NBBJ:
It is our strategy for our impact and vitality as a design practice. With our talented teams, deep client relationships, and distinguished offerings, we have a unique opportunity to continue to build on our vitality, relevance and differentiation in the market.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead the interior design work of projects from technical standpoint and pursuit design excellence
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Participate in the collaboration with Architecture and Landscape
- Lead the external collaboration with client, LDI and consultants
- Work with clients, design team, LDI and consultants to find design realization solutions
- Participate in the implementation of an aesthetic from concept design to final selection of furniture, fixtures and materials, as well as site visiting
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Interior Design and/or Interior Architecture
- Previous experience working on large and complex projects in all design phases, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, and Design Development
- Previous experience in Construction Documents (Review) and Construction Administration (Review) Phases a must
- With a focus on Commercial and Corporate projects
- Interior Design or Architecture degree from an accredited program (Master’s or Bachelor’s)
- Architectural or interior design professional licensure a plus; LEED AP a plus
- Experience in research and selection of materials and finishes
- Experience with furniture selection and specification a plus
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Comprehensive understanding of a project
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin
*Please include a link to your portfolio that contains at least 7-10 examples of your most relevant work or upload a PDF of your work samples (no larger than 4MB).
Please visit our Career Center to apply online: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.