Jr. Full Stack Developer
Jr. Full Stack Developer
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
NBBJ is looking for a Jr Full Stack Developer to join the Development Team. In this role you’ll work directly with multiple firm-wide and external clients to craft custom tools, work with predictive analytics, and create innovative workflows that shape our design process.
Why this role is important to NBBJ:
Your work will directly impact our clients, and major ongoing projects around the world. We are determined to continue evolving our process so that together we can shape the future of the built environment, improve firm efficiencies, and deliver quality tools and applications which embody our firm-wide focus on “beauty and performance.”
The preferred location for this role is: Columbus OH. Another location for this role is: Seattle, WA.
In your new role, you will:
- Develop custom web applications for design, analysis and productivity
- Find creative ways to leverage new and existing technologies to design and develop transformative tools & applications
- Translate big idea thinking into highly scalable, nimble tools
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team of diverse skill sets to advance firm-wide initiatives
- Continually learn and share new knowledge and resources with the broader team
- Conduct stakeholder meetings to identify opportunities and pain points
- Participate in internal hackathons to develop proof of concepts and prototypes
- Organize work efforts, and identify necessary project time & other required resources to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Champion and take ownership of tasks individually while connecting with the Development team to share progress and receive feedback
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience with web development and/or asynchronous programming concepts
- C# (.NET Framework, .NET Core)
- Collaborative development experience using Git
- Code documentation and testing (unit, end-to-end) best practices
- Ability to develop and communicate simple, elegant solutions to highly technical problems
- Ability to prioritize and navigate multiple tasks
Additional Skills and Interest that will make you successful:
- Passion for innovation through an application of technology
- Familiarity with computational geometry and/or other aspects of formal design
- Ability to thrive in a creative, collaborative environment
- Drive for seeking out new, improved workflows to foster team-wide productivity
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.