Payroll and Tax Accountant
Payroll and Tax Accountant
NBBJ is an award-winning design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle as a Payroll and Tax Accountant working directly with the Tax Director and Payroll Manager. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the Finance team, playing a critical role in the long-term growth and scaling of the team.
As our ideal candidate, you are analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and state tax compliance. You should have basic knowledge of payroll and tax regulations and the confidence to research issues. You thrive in a fast-paced environment through your organizational skills and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. You are curious minded, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines.
Your New Role:
- Prepare state and local tax filings, property taxes, B&O filings and business license renewals
- Interact directly with employees and Human Resources to resolve payroll related issues
- Support payroll function by collecting tax forms and direct deposit information
- Calculate overtime and salary adjustments for employees
- Maintain accurate records and keep up-to-date on payroll regulations
- Research problems and propose solutions
- Assist in establishing, improving and documenting processes
- Demonstrate leadership, communication and teamwork on a daily basis
- Special projects and other duties as needed or required
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of two years payroll/tax accounting with general ledger experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience with a multi-company and multi-currency environment a plus
- Accuracy and strong analytical skills are essential
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remaining professional, responsive and cooperative
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.