Customer & Brand Strategy Consultant
Navigate is seeking individuals who have seen success in Customer & Brand value creation either in professional consulting services or corporate roles via:
- Designing end to end, holistic and omni-channel customer / brand / service journeys across the business value chain; and
- Using digital tools and analytics to deliver insights and inform decisions to improve business, customer, and brand experiences
As a member of the Customer & Brand Practice, you will act as a transformation partner for our clients – helping them understand how changing customer expectations and marketplace dynamics will require them to deliver new, innovative experiences, value propositions, and products and services.
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines (and the client) to define how we will create customer and market insights that inspire the team and generate breakthrough solutions.
- Develop and conduct primary and secondary customer and marketplace research that helps strategically analyze, frame, validate or test core hypotheses, then distill this research into actionable insights.
- Use ‘design thinking’ and ‘systems thinking’ techniques to identify opportunity areas for new experiences, value propositions, channels, programs, products and services, then help converge thinking around feasible, viable, and desirable solutions.
- Facilitate and participate in workshops, working directly with our team, clients and their customers/users to analyze pain points, understand end-user needs, document user storyboards through both digital and physical environments, and co-create processes, products, platforms and experiences.
- Clarify and translate the client’s strategic direction into business priorities, objectives, KPIs/metrics, and a clear decision evaluation framework.
- Facilitate the creation of design / strategic artifacts – e.g., customer segmentation or VOC analysis, customer/user personas, as-is and future state customer journeys, service design/blueprints, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
- Be a strong and convincing storyteller, narrator and moderator both internally and with clients, sharing discoveries, reconciling perspectives, finding common ground and advocating customer value and business solutions at critical moments and create energy around an idea or an initiative.
- Define the business case for change followed by laying out the gaps between current versus future state and collaborate with execution teams in implementing the roadmap.
- Preferred: Help clients answer their strategic questions around operating model, organizational design and change management for customer and brand projects by defining the toolkit and framework based on the client’s situation.
- Preferred: Help clients understand and plan for the digital impacts for their future state and define the best tools, systems, and processes required to achieve their growth or organizational goals.
- Actively seek out thought leaders and different perspectives on industry approaches, developments, and break-through methodologies.
- Develop new techniques and approaches, then collate and share expertise across the discipline to help build the company’s collective capability (dependent on level).
- Mentor more junior staff, defining a role for them on projects, overseeing their work and guiding their development in the discipline (dependent on level).
- Participate and grow the C&B community of practice to influence practice strategy, generate new lines of business, solve problems, promote the spread of best practices, develop people's professional skills, and help the firm recruit and retain talent (dependent on level).
- Be an active ambassador for the firm by delivering high-quality deliverables and outcomes.
- Act as a champion and advocate for customer research and insight generation techniques both internally and to a wider external audience.
- Create and promote thought leadership that promotes the firm's capabilities in CX and Brand.
- Look for opportunities to develop/ grow strategic client relationships while ensuring top-notch client deliverables.
- Education: Recognized Bachelor’s degree (ideally in a related discipline such as: business, finance, economics, marketing, STEM, or design).
- Communication: High standard of written and spoken English (including proof-reading own work).
- Passion: You are passionate about customer and brand experience design, from user research to solution prototyping and deployment.
- Experience: You have experience in one or more of the following: customer research, customer segmentation, customer / user journey mapping, experience design, marketing and/or brand strategy and design, digital marketing technology, tools, processes, analytics.
- Exposure: You have exposure to qualitative user/customer research methods (planning / facilitating focus groups, interviews, workshops, ethnographic research) and quantitative user/customer research methods (Survey Design, VOC, NPS, Survey Management/Analysis & Reporting).
What you'll get from us
- A big canvas – major companies, major brands, major challenges – our clients want us to answer big questions about what their future business should look like. You will be at the spear-point of answering that question – and the answer will likely shape the experience of millions of people.
- Capability – Navigate works at scale with a breadth and depth of creative, consulting, and technology talent – the ideas you shape will be translated into reality.
- Opportunity to grow – you’ll be faced with unique questions and challenges; client teams will look to you for your expertise in your field; you’ll have the chance to shape the company’s response, applying your thinking and expertise in the way that best meets the client’s needs.
- Support – we’re committed to making you better at what you do best through training and learning and development opportunities from conferences to courses to simply working alongside some of the best and friendliest people in the industry.
Navigate is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. Navigate does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in employment.