Senior Software Engineer- StarWars IP
We are BossAlien, an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK and part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
As a member of our engineering team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and experienced crew of developers, and to help us build leading-edge technology and content pipelines for a new, premiere mobile game in the Star Wars universe. This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the world’s most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a dedication to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
In this role, you will
- Create player-facing features within the out-of-game experience, building a smooth, cohesive UI and client-server interactions to enable players to get in game, customise their characters and more.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software solutions.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code using Unreal Engine, C++ and its associated frameworks; you have experience in software engineering in an object-oriented language and across the software development lifecycle, and are eager to learn these technologies if you do not already know them
- Bring experience in one or more engineering domains such as rendering, networking, mathematics, animation, physics, AI, UI/UX, native app development, build systems etc, and use that experience to level up the team around you and ship amazing player experiences.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.