Senior Engineering Manager - Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
One Team: Three Epic Games!
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars™: Commander.
The team have a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst leveraging all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team create world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are hiring for a Senior Engineering Manager to work on our new Star Wars game. We are looking for someone who excels at building and managing high performing engineering teams, developing large mobile F2P games, who can proactively contribute solutions themselves and inspire ideas from others, and who can roll up their sleeves when necessary to produce prototype code. We have small and agile teams starting a new project, so you will thrive working in these environments and will be influential as the teams and our game grows.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will manage and shape the client engineering team for a new game, including inspiring current staff and recruiting new high quality engineers
- You will contribute to the technical architecture for the game on the client side and its coordination with server technology
- We are a close-knit team, and you will collaborate with all disciplines to create gameplay prototypes for mobile devices within an agile development framework
- Managing senior members of the code team and mentoring others, to inspire them to be their very best
- Oversee the creation of well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile, and custom tools, by all our programmers
- Gathering and sharing knowledge across NM and Zynga
Required Experience & Skills
- We are building our team, and so you have successfully recruited senior and junior coders across a selection of code disciplines
- You have developed and released multiple game using Unity or Unreal in a technical leadership or management capacity
- Having taken titles from concept to execution, you have experience with both assessing third party tech solutions and creating bespoke solutions
- We want you to prototype code alongside your team members, to prove out new features and designs
- You have deep experience with C# and C++, plus a good understanding of mobile CPU and GPU hardware
- You are an authority when it comes to AAA game development
- You have subject matter expertise in multiple areas, such as - NPC behaviour, AI, multiplayer, UI, UX, graphics, tools, systems, game engines
Desirable Experience & Skills
- You are experienced with F2P game server systems and architectures
- You have worked on strategy games in the past
- A passion for Star Wars
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.