Lead Product Manager - Racing
Position: Lead Product Manager
Location: London, UK
Reporting To: Director, Product
Posting Date: 17th May 2019
Closing Date: 14th June 2019
At NaturalMotion, Zynga Inc. subsidiary, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz, just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of professional pride; ambition; and humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
You will lead product management and business performance on games within our racing business. Responsible for finding opportunities that have the potential to deliver significant growth.
Drive the Product Vision:
- Lead product management for features within Racing team in sync with Product leadership to ensure that all aspects of the feature are working to achieve product vision and business goals.
- You will identify and evaluate new business opportunities and game ideas within the racing category that deliver growth whilst making a positive player impact.
- In collaboration with Game Design, you will write clear and thorough project or feature hand-off documentation that clearly communicates the product vision, goals and requirements to external teams.
Lead Product Management:
- Evaluate and on-board new PM’s, in partnership with Product leadership, into our product management processes and setting them up for success.
- Lead, guide and support development teams through all stages of the product lifecycle, from setting business goals and concept definition through to release and live operation.
- Ensuring that projects and features are executed to NaturalMotion quality and that business goals are continually met.
Maximise Business Performance:
- Alongside the Director of Product, Production and Game Design, you will create effective Live Ops strategy and calendar of events that ensure players come back to play our games day after day.
- Define economy and gameplay balancing requirements in order to maximise business performance.
- Partner with Data Analysts to review game performance data and then build tactical plans that improve game performance and exceed business goals.
- Define and execute plans for AB tests and experimentation across different player segments.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Leadership: Experience handling business performance for a project or feature team.
- Analytical: Excellent analytical and problem solving ability through use of hands on exploration of data.
- Live Operations: Ability to deliver effective events and live ops.
- Market Knowledge: An up to date understanding of market trends and competitor insights.
- Adept Communication: An authentic and skilful communicator both written and spoken with the ability to sell your ideas and outline requirements to game teams in sync with Product leadership team.
- Diplomacy: Confident and assertive when needed, yet diplomatic and respectful, you ensure the business needs and requirements of your team are met by our internal partners and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.