Senior Product Manager - Star Wars IP
Location: Brighton, UK
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz
As a Senior Product Manager at BossAlien, you will be a key owner of features from start to finish for a new, premiere mobile shooter set in the Star Wars universe. You will be part of product leadership team for Boss Alien and help drive business performance on games. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that have the potential to deliver significant growth.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Drive the Product Vision:
- Lead product management for respective features within BossAlien team in sync with Product leadership to ensure that all aspects of the feature are working to achieve product vision and business goals.
- You will identify and evaluate new business opportunities and game ideas within the relevant genre that delivers growth whilst making a positive player impact.
- In collaboration with Game Design, you will write clear and thorough project or feature hand-off documentation that clearly communicates the product vision, goals and requirements to external teams.
Lead Product Management:
- Evaluate and on-board new PM’s, in partnership with Product leadership, into our product management processes and setting them up for success.
- We want someone to guide and support development teams through all stages of the product lifecycle, from setting business goals and concept definition through to release and live operation.
- Exhibit sound product judgment in formulating product strategy and presenting clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Ensuring that features are delivered to NaturalMotion quality standards and that business goals are continually met.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
Maximise Business Performance:
- Alongside the GM, production and game design, you will create effective Go to market strategy, Live Ops strategy and calendar of events that ensure players come back to play our games day after day.
- We are looking for someone to define economy and gameplay balancing requirements in order to maximise business performance.
- Partner with Data Analysts to review game performance data and then build tactical plans that improve game performance and exceed business goals.
- Define and execute plans for AB tests and experimentation across different player segments.
Required Experience & Skills
- Leadership: Experience handling business performance for a project or feature team.
- Analytical: Excellent analytical and problem solving ability through use of hands on exploration of data.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Live Operations: Ability to deliver effective events and live ops.
- Shipped Titles: Must have shipped at least 1 mobile game through soft launch to worldwide launch
- Market Knowledge: An up to date understanding of market trends and competitor insights.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Analytical background
- Experience working on mobile titles
- Experience with statistical analysis
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.