Senior System Engineer
Zynga is a mobile gaming company and our mission is to connect the world through games! We make our company decisions with a focus of “What will our players thank us for?”. The IT Engineering team follows the same philosophy when it comes to our internal users. We architect and engineer results that not only improve our infrastructure from a technical perspective but we create solutions that help our users build better games.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be an integral part of improving, creating, and designing the future Zynga corporate infrastructure. You love to get your hands dirty and to thoroughly understand the deeper details of complex systems. Collaboration is second nature to you, you happily convince teammates about why you prefer one solution over another while also keeping an open mind to notice other great ideas. You don’t like to do the same thing over and over, and you are an expert automator to avoid it.
- Resolving escalated service issues
- Coaching other engineers and IT Staff to resolutions
- Engineering and implementing complex projects
- Maintaining and overseeing the technology in use throughout the company
- Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor other technical staff on best practices.
- Writing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and applying automation to repetitive tasks
- You document what you do, runbooks are always an integral part of delivering on your projects
- Collaborate with internal technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet customer needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, scalability, and cost.
- Security first. You always balance the tradeoffs of security and ease of use in your designs. You welcome and seek collaboration with the security team to ensure your solutions align to industry best practices.
- Automate, automate, automate! We don’t like to do things manually and neither do you.
- Strong experience in Linux and/or Windows systems administration and engineering.
- Experience in hybrid or solely cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience in virtualization technologies (VMWare, vCenter, vSan, vSwitch)
- Experienced in automation and scripting (Powershell, BASH, Perl, Python)
- Experience in implementing Saas based solutions
- Expertise in current enterprise operating systems, (CentOS/RHEL, Microsoft Server)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, 802.1x)
- Solid understanding of underlying hardware (CPU, memory, IO, RAID, Etc.)
- Server configuration management (Chef, Salt, Terraform, SCCM)
- Experience in SAML/SSO identity management platforms and providers.
- You are used to being in an environment with SLA(s), RTO, and RPO for all the platforms.
- Experience in hardening systems and secure configurations.
- Experience in logging and monitoring for enterprises.
- Experience in designing and supporting Microsoft related technologies (Windows Server, Exchange, O365, SQL)
- Experience with shared storage and related hardware (SAN, Samba, iSCSI, NFS)