Release Engineer, Mobile Submit
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
Facilitate app submissions and releases for Zynga worldwide across multiple platforms, whilst building and maintaining our release automation pipeline. You should have proven ability to work across multiple disciplines to achieve a single goal.
This role sits in a global team and is not embedded into any single project.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and manage tools and services that automate, facilitate and improve the distribution of mobile apps to various platform storefronts.
- Drive submission and release best practices with game teams through automation and process.
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and the leadership team to reduce risks for app releases.
- Build and maintain relationships with product teams such as marketing and engineers to ensure smooth delivery of graphical assets, metadata and builds to live store fronts.
- Craft, maintain and document reliable automation tools and frameworks.
- Maintain historical archive of submitted data via source control tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build and submission failures and implement best practices to prevent these issues from occurring again.
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission or release and quickly and clearly communicate to stakeholders.
- Identify platform changes e.g. new OS releases, new handsets etc that may affect the business and highlight risks or evangelize changes as needed.
- Review post-mortem of submissions to improve and streamline the process.
- Provide additional assistance for Mobile Submit tasks such as documentation, submissions and administrating the platform development portals, provisioning requests, and cert generation
- Conduct professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders with a service-minded approach.
Please note, this role requires working closely with the other members of the release team in Zynga across San Francisco, Bangalore, Toronto and London, to provide a standardised support network for Zynga that spans nearly 24 hours coverage
Required Experience & Skills
- Creating and maintaining automation pipelines.
- Collaborating with a multi-functional and multi-regional team and providing engineering leadership.
- Understanding of how the mobile developer platforms work e.g. apple developer portal and google play store
- Understanding of Agile & scrum development methodologies
- Use of source control tool such as GitHub & Perforce
- Use of project management tools such as JIRA
- Intermediate scripting knowledge in Ruby or Python & C#
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins & fastlane
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience working in a release management role
- Experience working in a software development studio
- Web or app development
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.