Senior Game Designer - Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As Senior Game Designer at BossAlien, you will be a key owner of features from start to finish for a new, premiere mobile shooter set in the Star Wars universe. You will help write documentation, solicit feedback, handle implementation, tweak and tune values, and ensure successful delivery at quality of those features.
You are a design generalist with a solid knowledge of most aspects of game design. You are as comfortable crafting metagame systems as you are diving into combat, movement controls, or other systems.
You are a passionate fan of the shooter genre, and understand what makes a shooter phenomenal instead of just good. You can communicate that passion to the rest of the team and pass your knowledge and enthusiasm for the genre along to others as an effective mentor and guide.
You are a skilled technical implementer as well, comfortable with prototyping quickly in editor, and finding fun through rapid iteration and playtest. You’ve used industry standard editors, and can champion best practices on the team in scripting and data organization.
Finally, you have a love and admiration for the Star Wars universe, and embrace the opportunity to make your mark and tell your story within one of the most beloved and storied franchises of all time.
- Script and implement game systems in editor, and champion best practices in scripting and data organization to the rest of the design team.
- Work closely with engineering on features and new editor functionality as necessary to execute the design vision for the game.
- Take features from the concept phase all the way through to successful implementation with minimal supervision.
- Design, iterate, and polish combat through playtest with the team.
- Make use of analytics and data to inform design both in development as well as in a post-live context.
- Own major pieces of the design from start to finish.
- A top-tier game designer who has owned major features on a shipped AAA experience on any platform, shooters preferred. (PC/Console/Mobile)
- Well versed in industry-standard editors and tools.
- Deeply familiar with progression systems and metagame design in modern shooters on all platforms.
- Experience in owning the feature design process from ideation and prototyping through polish and completion.
- Able to communicate effortlessly with artists, engineers, and other creative professionals to communicate your vision for the game’s combat.
- A believer in the power, reach, and potential of the next generation of mobile gaming, even if you’ve never built one before.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.