UX Designer - Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are seeking a UX Designer to join our CSR2 studio to join a talented, multi-discipline design team that is continuing to develop ambitious new features and exciting content as part of the game’s live operation. You will ensure new and existing interfaces are developed to AAA standards, and support the game’s core pillars whilst giving the player a fluid and friction free experience.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
As UX Designer, you will be an important member of the CSR2 design team. Reporting to the Lead Designer you will be involved in:
- Design Vision: Delivering the game design vision for CSR2 as it goes from strength to strength as a live title. You will inform and develop the design of intuitive user flows for exciting new features that boost the game’s performance, as well as re-visit and improve the flow of existing features.
- Close Collaboration with the UI team: Working in unison with the UI team to deliver a peerless user experience with beautifully crafted visuals free of friction for new and existing interfaces in the game. Defining what is best in class for a user experience in a mobile racing title is a key part of the role.
- Maintaining Interaction & Visual Consistency: Following existing interaction methods you will become a champion for maintaining consistency across all areas of the game. When developing new user experiences you will be aware of the existing visual standards set through the game and know where to let them influence your work.
- Representing the Players’ Needs: You will be responsible for developing the user experience of game content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players, and will constantly be seeking to enhance the experience that is loved by our loyal and devoted players.
- Supporting the Product Team to Meet Business Needs: Working with the Product Management team you will respond to opportunities in the game that can be capitalised on in a way which is sympathetic to the core user experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Design Acumen: Knowledge about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future. A keen and demonstrable interest in cars and the racing genre would be beneficial.
- Live Operations: You will have an awareness of Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, which deliver vibrant, performant content week after week. You’ll understand how UX consistency plays a vital part in establishing a solid and reliable experience.
- Prototyping & Iteration: Familiarity with a range of software you are comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration of ideas, listening to feedback and exploring options to make the game stronger. An innate ability to develop prototypes that work across multiple aspect ratios and platforms.
- UX Trends & Ergonomics: A passion for investigating new and emerging trends that push user experiences forwards. Comfortable with presenting and discussing the ergonomics of screen layout you can justify the interaction of every element and propose simple solutions to complex problems.
- Emotional Intelligence: You will be a confident, independent worker that is able to integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team without ego.
- Gaming Passion: Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can speak with assuredness about what makes CSR2 special and where opportunities are to continue its success. You can reference the best and worst user experiences and apply the lessons to your work
- Communication: An elegant, straightforward communicator, you’ll deftly explain complicated user flows and generate confidence in your teams’ work. You respectfully respond to feedback and new ideas from all members of the team and community.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.