Principal Software QA Engineer - Systems (Python) - Seaport
Principal Software QA Engineer - Cloud Storage hypervisor, VMware, Hyper-V or other Virtual Machine Monitor. 6+ yrs of Automated Testing including large scale performance system testing. Experience with Python or object-oriented languages, C++, Perl, or Ruby. Expert Linux debugging skills required for complex API and REST testing on Network File Sharing protocols including SMB/CIFS and NFS. Unix, FreeBSD, or GNU Virtual Appliance / Virtualization.
Nasuni is looking for someone who shares our high standards for quality, performance, reliability and user experience. A person with a passion for analyzing complex software and creating test strategies that ensure the quality of our best-in-class storage products. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex automated tests including API/REST tests, feature specific tests, large scale performance tests, and user interface test automation. Candidates must be proficient in software development, with preferable experience in the Python programming language. A love of problem-solving and an ability to dig are a must.
As the Software QA Engineer – System test, you will...
- Ensure that our Enterprise storage appliance is thoroughly tested, end to end
- Participate in all aspects of the life cycle of a feature: from gathering requirements, design, and planning, to functional, system and regression testing
- Engage in all aspects of the quality assurance test cycle
- Gathering requirements to functional system and regression testing by debugging and testing using Linux
- Perform tasks in hypervisor environments including VMware and Hyper-V
- Design execute, and document detailed and thorough test plans and test cases to ensure product quality
- Isolate and analyze defects providing detailed steps and/or conditions for defect reproduction
- Configure hardware and software systems as needed for test environments
- Work with developers to understand all aspects of defect resolution and verification
- Act as escalation path for technical support to resolve technical issues. Gather required information from engineers and product marketing to perform job function
- Review and contribute to product documentation. Find defects throughout their life cycle from detection to resolution
- Assist in the maintenance and expansion of the internal Python-based testing libraries
- Help identify areas where instrumentation and hooks can be added to the product aid testing
- Write, and own large, potentially complex tests for the Linux based virtual appliance
- Automation of web-based User Interface tests
- Debug product, test and test tool failures
- Write detailed product defects that lead to rapid defect correction
Required skills + experience we look for are...
- Experience with file systems test and Linux debugging
- Experience writing test plans and setting up customer environments
- Demonstrable software test life cycle experience
- 6+ years software QA or Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, very organized, and proactive
- Experience in object-oriented programming for test automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or experience
- Familiar with SMB/CIFS and NFS file server protocols
- Experience using python to write automation tests.
- Familiar with Microsoft's Active Directory or LDAP Directory Service
- Prior enterprise-class storage product development experience a plus
- Previous team leadership or management experience is a plus
- Experience working in the escalation path for Customer Support
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.