Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Software Engineer for Nasuni Cloud Services Team. Looking for a fluent Python developer on Mac or Linux to develop new Cloud Services for our UniFS product that expands Nasuni's already existing File Services with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure technologies.
We are excited to be growing our Cloud Services team. Critical skills include familiarity with Python to develop production deliverables on Linux systems.
As the Software Engineer in our Cloud Services team you will:
- Code and support new production deliverables which add to the UniFS suite of storage products
- Help establish new Agile scrum team and participate in many cross-functional roles
- Work with a multitude of AWS and Azure cloud and container services
- Author tests and contribute to the development of a CI/CD pipeline
- Expect to advise on and occasionally implement DevOps projects
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
Skills + Experience
- 5+ years experience in a python development role, ideally focused on long-running services/processes/daemons
- Familiarity with developing and testing production code in a serverless environment - AWS Lambda and/or Azure Functions
- Python testing with pytest or an equivalent testing package
- Use of python cloud SDKs: boto3 for AWS API calls; azure-sdk-for-python for Azure API calls
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable
- Some C/C++ and container development on Linux a plus
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.