Performance Engineer - Advanced Development - Cloud Storage - Python
Advanced Development Performance Engineer
Nasuni is seeking an individual with a passion for analyzing complex software and creating test automation that ensures the quality of our best-in-class storage products. This person will work closely with our Architecture developing large scale performance tests. Critical skills include familiarity with Python and Python testing frameworks (Pytest, Nosetest). Much of the testing will be done in AWS so being familiar with deployment models in the cloud is desirable. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, self-motivated team player that is proficient in software development and testing.
Nasuni will hire and onboard remotely during Covid-19. After the virus, this position will be based in our Marlborough office.
• Participate in all aspects of the test cycle from gathering requirements to functional, system and regression testing
• Design, execute and document detailed and thorough test plans and test cases to ensure product quality
• Automation of test cases and assist in the maintenance of the internal Python-based testing libraries
• Effectively isolate and analyze defects providing detailed steps and conditions for defect reproduction
• Work with developers to understand all aspects of defect resolution and verification
Qualification & Requirements
• 5+ years experience testing software: white & black box, functional, and system testing
• 3-4+ years of professional Python software design and development
• Ability to read C++ Code • Knowledge and experience with software testing best practices and methodology
• Ability to design and write tests against dynamic resources such as external APIs and databases, mocking interfaces where needed
• Experience with version control systems, preferably GIT.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field Desired Skills
• Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, and CIFS
• Deep understanding of Linux and file systems
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal - able to independently and clearly communicate issues with others
• Prior enterprise class storage product development experience a plus
• Previous experience working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, then will be based in Marlborough, MA.
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.