Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will...
- Develop and maintain the core platform and operating system services delivered to customer as part of our NAS edge appliance
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development in the Python services and Platform areas
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
- Contribute to new development by producing designs, schedule estimates, progress updates
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of the Nasuni Platform and Python libraries
- Work with customer support to address any escalations
Required skills + experience we look for are...
- In-depth experience with Linux, experience with RPM packaging and system a plus.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of Samba deployment and configuration experience.
- Experience writing multi-threaded Python code a plus.
It’s an added bonus if you have...
- Experience with Django or other web frameworks is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of protocol & networking analyzers, and performance benchmarking is a major plus
- Experience with and contributions to open-source communities is a plus
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. We will consider remote employees as well as candidates based in our Boston, Marlborough, MA or Cary, NC offices. #LI-Remote
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.